Friday, June 10, 2011

Julian Becomes Vampire Jesus

Some weird things happen on Twitter.

A few months ago, one of my Twitter friends by the name of Brian Patterson (@d20Monkey) was referring to my avatar. The long hair, and "smoky" expression (I guess?) led him to refer to the icon as "Vampire Jesus". The resulting conversation was hilarious, and it led Brian to feature him in his increasingly popular RPG Web comic called, "d20 Monkey". 

When you get a chance, hit up his site, and catch up from the beginning. Then stick that comic in your RSS feed, because it will regularly give you a great laugh.

I'm flattered that Brian chose that image (and even mentioned my "handle" by name). He's a talented artist and has done guest spots for HijiNKS ENSUE and also the Caption Comics feature for Obsidian Portal

In case you've been living in a hole and don't recall what the avatar looks like, I'll refer you to this image:


I want to give credit where it's due. I wouldn't have access to this image if it wasn't for a generous gift by my brother-in-law (who was my DM at the time), and an artist he commissioned, to do some character sketches as rewards for a quick return on character backgrounds.

The original artist's name is lost to me. I searched for about an hour through my G-mail account, but couldn't for the life of me find the artist. If any of the old "Wanderers of Eberron" read this post, and remember, let me know. I'll edit the post and give proper credit.

The portrait is originally that of Julian Vanderdecken. An Orien courier (and general rake) from Eberron. In case you're interested, here's are some story links relevant to the character.

Julian's Background Story


A Bit of Julian's Past


Once again, I want to thank Brian for the mention, and honoring the name of "deadorcs" in his web comic.  Rock on, Dude.

UPDATE!  Thanks to my sister, I now have the name of the artist. The talented individual that provided Julian's image is Dave McNeal.  Visit his site and check out some more of his fantastic art!

Until next time...

Game excellently with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment