Wednesday, October 13, 2010

D&D Essentials - Object Properties

Greetings!

So, I'm going through the Dungeons & Dragons Essentials Rules Compendium, and came across the chart that helps determine the object properties for items you find within the game (it's on page 177).  Object properties can be important if the heroes want to put the smack down on a statue, or throw glass wine bottles at a hobo on the street.

Whatever the reason, it's important to know the basic stats (AC/Reflex/Fortitude) and the hit points of the object in question.  The table given in the book is great, but it contains (wait for it)...MATH.

I really hate math.  Granted, it's not complicated math, but when you have two variables you have to take into consideration (type & durability), it's more math than I care to do.

So.

Starting with the basic table the Rules Compendium gives us, I created an expanded table for easy reference, with all the math completed (I used a calculator).

You'll find a .pdf link to the table RIGHT HERE.

For you impatient types, here's an image of the table.  You can click on it for a larger view.



Let me know if you find this chart useful.  I might pick some more low-hanging fruit like this for enhancement.

Until next time...

Game excellently with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment